Specialist Bespoke NiMH Battery Pack Designers can make all the difference to your new product designs, developments and innovations, especially if you engage with them early and involve them at the initial stage of the project life-cycle. Ideally, the sooner you can involve them the better as this early engagement and involvement can put the spotlight on any potential design or manufacturing limitations or oversights that can be potentially expensive and time consuming to remedy if not identified until the later phases of the development cycle.
Specialist Bespoke NiMH Battery Pack Designers also help by additionally making sure that the correct power performance needs are met but by providing the ideal solution in an effective way as possible, ensuring that your lead time to market, proto-typing and testing costs are kept as low as possible.
There are only a few highly experienced Specialist Bespoke NiMH Battery Pack Designers in the UK but by selecting a company with a track record of bespoke battery pack design and assembly you can be safe in the knowledge that you are being correctly advised throughout the whole product development lifecycle process. All the way from design concept through to manufacturing, delivery and shipping.
As with the majority of specialist battery packs, they're often required to provide a specific rated power source for applications or services that are mobile and cannot be connected to mains power due to their location or purpose. This mobile battery power has to be delivered safely and typically with need to be rechargeable. Specialist Bespoke NiMH Battery Pack Designers, PMBL, have, by the value of their many years of experience in designing and developing Custom Made NiMH Batteries, become a key part of most of their clients project life-cycles.
Advantages of Specialist NiMH Batteries
- 30 - 40 % higher capacity over a standard Ni-Cd. The NiMH has potential for yet higher energy densities.
- Less prone to memory than the Ni-Cd.
- Periodic exercise cycles are required less often.
- Simple storage and transportation - transportation conditions are not subject to regulatory control.
- Environmentally friendly - contains only mild toxins; profitable for recycling.
Limitations And Dis-Advantages of NiMH Batteries
- Limited service life - The performance starts to deteriorate after 200 to 300 cycles.
- Limited discharge current - Repeated discharges with high load currents reduces the batterys cycle life.
- Longer Charge Period - Controlled Trickle Charge needed.
- High self-discharge - 50 percent higher self-discharge compared to the Ni-Cd.
- New chemical additives improve the self-discharge but at the expense of lower energy density.
- High Temperature Performance degradation - Performance degrades if stored at elevated temperatures, NiMH Battery Packs should be stored in a cool place and at a state-of-charge of about 40 %
- High maintenance - battery requires regular full discharge to prevent crystalline formation.
- Price - About 20 % more expensive than Ni-Cd.
Talk To A Specialist Bespoke NiMH Battery Pack Designers
PMBL can manufacture your Custom made NiMH Batteries with cells from the UK's leading battery manufacturers.